If you’re a Pittsburgh home owner weighing whether to list your home anytime soon on the market, you’re sure to be encouraged by the latest market data!
Evidently, the average price per square foot in Pittsburgh has increased, as has the median sales price.
Continue reading to learn more about these exciting developments here in Pittsburgh!
Up-to-Date Information on Pittsburgh Home Sales
Here’s the most recent data on the current state of the Pittsburgh housing market:
- Currently there are 2,314 homes for sale on the market, including several hundred that are in some stage of the foreclosure process.
- Between January and April, the average price per square foot for homes was $99, up 7.6 percent compared to the same period last year.
- During that same time period, the median sales price for homes was $130,350, based on 762 home sales.
- Compared to a year ago, the median home sales price has increased 5.1 percent, or $6,350.
- And the number of home sales has decreased 37.2 percent.
- Broken down further, the median sales price for a 1-bedroom home in Pittsburgh was $83,500
- The median sales price for a 2-bedroom was $110,000
- And the median sales price for 3- and 4-bedroom homes were $129,950 and $240,000
- During the week ending on April 1, the average listing price for Pittsburgh homes was $252,088, up 2.1 percent from the week before.
- During that previous week, the average listing price was $247,000.
- Specifically, the average listing price for a 1-bedroom home was $172,516
- The price for a 2-bedroom home was $167,535
- And the price for a 3- and 4-bedroom home was $196,365 and $392,822
We’ll Help You Sell Your Pittsburgh Home!
As you can see, it truly is a good time to list your Pittsburgh home on the market! So contact us at CENTURY 21 Frontier Realty. We would be happy to help you at every stage of the home selling process, starting with providing a free home evaluation!
Until next time,
CENTURY 21 Frontier Realty