The housing market here in Pittsburgh continues to grow in strength, according to the latest market data.
Evidently, the average price per square foot for homes for sale has increased –as has the median home sales price.
This is a good indication that now is a great time to list your property on the market. Continue reading to learn more.
What Every Home Seller Should Know About the Housing Market
Here’s an overview of the current state of the housing market:
- Right now, there are 2,352 homes for sale on the market, including several hundred that are in some stage of the foreclosure process.
- Between January and April, the average price per square foot for homes was $103, up 7.3 percent from the same period last year.
- Meanwhile, during that same period, the median sales price for homes was $135,500 based on 770 home sales.
- Compared to a year ago, the media home sales price increased 4.3 percent, or $5,550.
- And the number of home sales decreased 43.2 percent.
- Specifically, the median sales price for a 1-bedroom home was $95,000.
- The median sales price for a 2-bedroom home was $110,000.
- The median sales price for a 3-bedroom home was $137,000.
- And the median sales price for a 4-bedroom home was $241,250
- During the week ending on April 29, the average listing price for Pittsburgh homes was $259,210, up 2.6 percent from the week before.
- During that previous week, the average listing price was about $253,000.
- More specifically, the average listing price for a 1-bedroom home was $172,730.
- The average listing price for a 2-bedroom home was $173,944
- And the average listing price for 3- and 4-bedroom homes was $200,765 and 4 $409,411 respectively.
How Can We Help You Sell Your Pittsburgh Home?
As you can see, it really is a great time to list your Pittsburgh home on the market and get a great price. So if you’re interested in selling your property, please contact us at Century 21 Frontier Realty.
We would be happy to assist you by first determining your home’s true value, which in turn help us set the list price.
Until next time,
Century 21 Frontier Realty