After all, not only is the average price per square foot down but so is the average listing price. The total number of home sales is also down.
This suggests that now is a great time to get a good deal on a home in Pittsburgh – before prices start to rise again.
Continue reading to learn more!
What You Should Know About Pittsburgh Home Sales
Here’s an overview of the current state of the housing market in Pittsburgh, based on the most recent market data:
- Currently there are 2,423 homes for sale on the market, including hundreds that are in some stage of the foreclosure process.
- Between March and June, the average price per square foot for Pittsburgh homes was $109, down significantly from the same period last year.
- Meanwhile, the median sales price for Pittsburgh homes was $147,900, based on 1,119 home sales.
- Compared to the same period last year, the median home sales price increased 7.2 percent, or $9,9000.
- And the number of home sales decreased 35.5 percent.
- During the week ending on June 3, the average listing price for Pittsburgh homes was $254,218, which remained unchanged from the week before.
- Popular neighborhoods in Pittsburgh, including Mount Washington and Shadyside, had an average listing price of $394,193 and $584,341, respectively.
We’re Your Dedicated Pittsburgh REALTORS®
This recent market data suggests that it really is a great time to purchase a home in the city because home prices are decreasing, giving you a great opportunity to turn a nice little profit on a home years down the road.
We would love to assist you by answering any questions you might have as well as providing you with valuable home buying tool. We’ll also tell you all about available listings here!
Until next time,
CENTURY 21 Frontier Realty